Old December 25th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default Top News- AOR7030+.

Hi Joe. none needed, were cool. i'm still not sure if it means what

we hope it doesn't. i ask Dave about his news, didn't get an answer.

he's some kind of an insider. i'll miss his site when he shuts down

next year. i still check radio-intell every day. hoping for a come

back. have a great Holiday.

GOOD DX!.
Drifter...

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Dear "Drifter,"

I do apologize for my previous post here. There is in fact a link to a
page that shows that production has ended on the AR7030 'Plus' and
sales have ended of the AR7030.

Here is the actual link:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...ductinfoj.html

I got this from Dave Zantow's site. I'll be darned if I know how he
found it! I went to AOR Japan's English-language page and I couldn't
find any links at all that took me to this page!

But, for those who want it, here it is. I HOPE this refers only to the
Japanese market. I think it would be a real shame to discontinue this
radio as, currently, it is absolutely the best value shortwave
receiver on the market; it will perform as well as the most expensive
"professional" shortwave receiver and do it at a far lower cost. If
you read PASSPORT's review of the ICOM IC-R9500 ($13,500.00!) you will
see that, in real-world listening, the AR7030 'Plus' actually
outperforms it.

In any event, this radio is destined to become a highly sought after
collector's item. I do not think too many owners will be foolish
enough to sell theirs!

Best,

Joe

On Dec 21, 1:41 pm, Drifter wrote:
JAPAN AOR Japan announced in their Japanese homepage that they have
ended the production of AR-7030PLUS receiver. The sales will be stopped
when the stock is out.
(Takahito Akabayashi, Fuchu City, Tokyo, Japan, wwdxc BC-DX Dec 13)

I hate to think the end is near for another great table-top

receiver! think i may order another from the UK, and mothball

it for the future.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...