Old January 4th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default How about amateur radio without the "radio?"

Bert Hyman ) writes:
(John Smith) wrote in
:

A virtual rig which communicates over the internet, interesting--90
days free ...

That's a telephone, isn't it?

And, "amateur radio" without the radio is just "amateur."

The funny thing is that in the sixties, there was an article
in "CQ" about DXing with a telephone. Showed photos of DXpeditions
in exotic places. I seem to recall there was a followup. I can't
remember if it was portrayed as an alternative, or what to do
after amateur radio was eliminated.

The punch line is that the article(s) were in the April issue.

Michael VE2BVW