Old January 4th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default How about amateur radio without the "radio?"

A virtual rig which communicates over the internet, interesting--90 days
free ...

Regards,
JS
Old January 4th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

(John Smith) wrote in
:

A virtual rig which communicates over the internet, interesting--90
days free ...

That's a telephone, isn't it?

And, "amateur radio" without the radio is just "amateur."

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Old January 4th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Bert Hyman wrote:

That's a telephone, isn't it?

And, "amateur radio" without the radio is just "amateur."

Frankly, I don't think a REAL amateur cares what frequency he makes
contacts on, anything from DC to X-Rays sounds OK with me ... but then,
I don't suffer opium dreams ...

JS
Old January 4th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Bert Hyman wrote:

It's not a "contact" when there's a wire connecting the two ends.

Yeah, pretty much--telegraph immediately springs to mind, those
conversations were REAL.

... but then, I don't suffer opium dreams ...

Are you sure?

Well, wise men told have told me, "Never say never."

JS
Old January 4th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Bert Hyman wrote:

[...]

But then, if it makes you feel any better, somewhere along the line your
signal is going over fiber optic cable, cellular network, etc. ...

JS
Old January 6th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I'd rather have a real rig that uses radio waves and once I have the real
rig, its free (except for electricity) for a long long time.

Old January 14th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

A virtual rig which communicates over the internet, interesting--90 days
free ...

You mean like SKYPE, or ECHOLINK ?