Old January 6th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default SAMS 222

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 10:10:14 -0800 (PST), Telstar Electronics
wrote:

On Jan 6, 11:57 am, Vinnie S. wrote:
I am currently working on a friend's TRC-457, that is another restore
project.
This radio was hacked. The channel mods, and clarifier all hacks. The
deadkey
was real low. Channel selector is out. Lamps burnt out. I got the
deadkey fixed
by replacing the final. That worked fine. As I was trying to adjust
modulation
on my scope, I must have shorted the mic inputs, and lost the output. on
AM, I
have no deadkey. On SSB, the relay chatters when I key up. I tested the
fina and
it's still good. This one might be one of those one step up, 2 steps
back
radios. It is the the only radio I have seen with all these different
problems.

Wow... the radio was hacked. Must be your buddy Radiosrfun was in
there with his golden plated screwdriver.

You guys fixing radios is like a monkey at a typewriter... LOL

Brian, Please don't use the LOL when you are not really LOL. It loses it's
meaning.

And please don't mock my repair abilities. It a hell of a lot better than
you
Business 101 knowledge.

Vinnie S.

Him in business? Thats a ****ing riot.

Brian - feel free to kiss my ass - any chance you please! I've probably been
repairing stuff longer than you've been alive - ass wipe.