Old January 6th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default SAMS 222

Hell, he wasn't even worth his mother and father's time! When they seen that
mass of toxicity come out of her puss - they wanted to toss it - but Haz Mat
regs prevented it.

I am hoping to get down to the bench later on. Haven't gotten there yet.
Last night - was wanting to when I came back early from watching the game -
but after a few brews - figured I better not. Got busy today with a bunch of
stuff. Just now starting to slow down. I don't know where this dude is
getting all his stuff - but WOW... what a mess.
Miswired, chopped up, you name it. I sure hope he isn't paying any good
money for the stuff!

I have that mic, the Washington and one other radio to do for them. The rest
are done and gone.

Thanks for the assist.

I am currently working on a friend's TRC-457, that is another restore project.
This radio was hacked. The channel mods, and clarifier all hacks. The deadkey
was real low. Channel selector is out. Lamps burnt out. I got the deadkey fixed
by replacing the final. That worked fine. As I was trying to adjust modulation
on my scope, I must have shorted the mic inputs, and lost the output. on AM, I
have no deadkey. On SSB, the relay chatters when I key up. I tested the fina and
it's still good. This one might be one of those one step up, 2 steps back
radios. It is the the only radio I have seen with all these different problems.

Vinnie S.
Old January 6th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jan 6, 11:57*am, Vinnie S. wrote:
I am currently working on a friend's TRC-457, that is another restore project.
This radio was hacked. The channel mods, and clarifier all hacks. The deadkey
was real low. Channel selector is out. Lamps burnt out. I got the deadkey fixed
by replacing the final. That worked fine. As I was trying to adjust modulation
on my scope, I must have shorted the mic inputs, and lost the output. on AM, I
have no deadkey. On SSB, the relay chatters when I key up. I tested the fina and
it's still good. This one might be one of those one step up, 2 steps back
radios. It is the the only radio I have seen with all these different problems.

Wow... the radio was hacked. Must be your buddy Radiosrfun was in
there with his golden plated screwdriver.
You guys fixing radios is like a monkey at a typewriter... LOL
Old January 6th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"radiosrfun" wrote in message
Anyone got the 222 Vol of Sams? I just missed one on E-Bay. Need the
Washington Info. For now - could use the damned mic wiring. Have an RK 56
which was wired ass backwards of the wires that were connected - and with
some wires not even connected. Found the schematic online and rewired the
top to match it. Trying to get it wired to the Washington. I've played
with it a bit - but have to stop for now. Being I wanted to ask for a copy
of 222 or the needed portion thereof, thought i'd ask for the mic wiring
at the least. Have to meet some friends to go watch some football and had
to quit for the night!

Thanks!

you might want to try one of these sites:

WWW.bama.sbc.edu/

www.ac6v.com/manuals.htm

www.eserviceinfo.com/

www.user-service-manuals.com/

or put your request into this group:

73's

Old January 6th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Channel Cop" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Thanks! I do appreciate the info. Will give er a shot.

Old January 6th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

[...]

Well - the "wiring" was ok - the switch on the other hand - was not. It was
flaky. I wired in a "regular" switch - not the "PTT" type - before finding
the "replacement" to see what the deal was. The mic worked fine. So - back
to replacing the switch (after dinner!).

As to your TRC 457, I have one of those waiting. That was the "other" radio
I have waiting - after the Washington.
I have the "Radio Shack" "Factory" manual for it - and I can't swear to it -
but maybe a Sams too. If you need any help from that manual - let me know -
be more than happy to help out. I already have the manual sitting on my
bench for the 457's turn. This one is "said" to be receiving ok AM/SSB,
Transmits fine on AM - but none on SSB. So - we shall see. I've not tested
it yet to see.

As for right now - "Dinner". Radios can wait.

Old January 6th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 10:10:14 -0800 (PST), Telstar Electronics
wrote:

On Jan 6, 11:57*am, Vinnie S. wrote:
I am currently working on a friend's TRC-457, that is another restore project.
This radio was hacked. The channel mods, and clarifier all hacks. The deadkey
was real low. Channel selector is out. Lamps burnt out. I got the deadkey fixed
by replacing the final. That worked fine. As I was trying to adjust modulation
on my scope, I must have shorted the mic inputs, and lost the output. on AM, I
have no deadkey. On SSB, the relay chatters when I key up. I tested the fina and
it's still good. This one might be one of those one step up, 2 steps back
radios. It is the the only radio I have seen with all these different problems.

Wow... the radio was hacked. Must be your buddy Radiosrfun was in
there with his golden plated screwdriver.

You guys fixing radios is like a monkey at a typewriter... LOL

Brian, Please don't use the LOL when you are not really LOL. It loses it's
meaning.

And please don't mock my repair abilities. It a hell of a lot better than you
Business 101 knowledge.

Vinnie S.
Old January 6th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:

[...]

Him in business? Thats a ****ing riot.

Brian - feel free to kiss my ass - any chance you please! I've probably been
repairing stuff longer than you've been alive - ass wipe.

Sams for sale Bjmlittle00 CB 0 November 13th 03 01:00 AM
Sams on e-bay Nighthawk CB 0 November 12th 03 04:59 PM
Looking for Sams Photofact Dennis A. Homerick General 0 November 11th 03 08:49 PM
SAMS CB 209 Lou Swap 1 October 16th 03 01:34 AM
sams 209 Lou Swap 0 October 4th 03 01:16 AM