Old January 12th 08, 06:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken Ken is offline

Default Belmont 1050 chassis

Ken wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
This poor thing has been sitting in my basement for 2 years, and
gotten pretty rusty and moldy.

The orange drops and the electrolytic you see at the left of the shot
are my temp work. The rest is God only knows who left it that way..
with wires unattached from their solder points, tubes not in circuit,
etc.

As it sits, I CAN receive one station (it was totally dead when I
started), but it is distorted and oscillates. It needs to be properly
rewired (thank goodness, I finally found the schematic!!!)

I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

That looks crusty enough to start a restore. In other words, It's 'ripe'.

What is that 56 avc diode doing connected to the 56 audio driver
cathode? Looks like the higher the audio 56 current, the less avc
delivered??? Ken