Old January 12th 08, 01:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Belmont 1050 chassis

This poor thing has been sitting in my basement for 2 years, and gotten
pretty rusty and moldy.

The orange drops and the electrolytic you see at the left of the shot are my
temp work. The rest is God only knows who left it that way.. with wires
unattached from their solder points, tubes not in circuit, etc.

As it sits, I CAN receive one station (it was totally dead when I started),
but it is distorted and oscillates. It needs to be properly rewired (thank
goodness, I finally found the schematic!!!)

I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Old January 12th 08, 05:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken Ken is offline

Brenda Ann wrote:
This poor thing has been sitting in my basement for 2 years, and gotten
pretty rusty and moldy.

The orange drops and the electrolytic you see at the left of the shot are my
temp work. The rest is God only knows who left it that way.. with wires
unattached from their solder points, tubes not in circuit, etc.

As it sits, I CAN receive one station (it was totally dead when I started),
but it is distorted and oscillates. It needs to be properly rewired (thank
goodness, I finally found the schematic!!!)

I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

That looks crusty enough to start a restore. In other words, It's 'ripe'.
Old January 12th 08, 06:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken Ken is offline

Ken wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
This poor thing has been sitting in my basement for 2 years, and
gotten pretty rusty and moldy.

The orange drops and the electrolytic you see at the left of the shot
are my temp work. The rest is God only knows who left it that way..
with wires unattached from their solder points, tubes not in circuit,
etc.

As it sits, I CAN receive one station (it was totally dead when I
started), but it is distorted and oscillates. It needs to be properly
rewired (thank goodness, I finally found the schematic!!!)

I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

That looks crusty enough to start a restore. In other words, It's 'ripe'.

What is that 56 avc diode doing connected to the 56 audio driver
cathode? Looks like the higher the audio 56 current, the less avc
delivered??? Ken

Old January 12th 08, 09:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Ken" wrote in message
Ken wrote:
What is that 56 avc diode doing connected to the 56 audio driver cathode?
Looks like the higher the audio 56 current, the less avc delivered??? Ken

I haven't even delved into the circuitry much yet... it's been so hacked up,
it's hard to know what the last person who was into it was thinking. I'll
get it kenned out to some extent today once I get back to the shop and start
putting it back to factory wiring.

Belmont Tech Distinguished Graduates Prof. Whoflungdung Policy 5 June 30th 06 01:07 PM
Belmont Tech Broadcast Degwee Lloyd Policy 2 June 4th 06 11:04 PM
1050 ESPN Radio NY range of signal Jeff Meyer Broadcasting 11 October 14th 04 04:22 AM
Hot Chassis geojunkie Boatanchors 5 February 15th 04 08:25 PM
Help, I have a hot chassis, 12 v is everywhere tomagain CB 3 October 10th 03 07:41 AM