Old January 17th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
w5kcm w5kcm is offline

Default Heathkit AT-1 restoration

On Jan 16, 7:44*pm, "COLIN LAMB" wrote:
Hi Randy:

The power transformers are pretty easy to acquire. *Just look for one that
is the approximate size. *Often you will find nice substitutes in old tube
test equipment that no one wants. *I just took apart an old HP square wave
generator and it yielded a perfect replacement for a rig. *It would have
worked nicely in the AT-1, also.

Meters are critical for the right look. *You can make new scales using a
number of free software programs.

Nice rig. *Beware, though, the power output is only about 8 watts, so do not
expect 35 watts input and 25 watts output.

73, *Colin *K7FM

Hi Colin,

Very good info. I will look for the tube type test equip for the
xformer, great idea. Possibly, I will find another AT-1 at one of the
hamfests in the future for the meter, and I also need knobs..

Thanks, Randy, W5KCM