Old January 15th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Heathkit AT-1 restoration

Hello to the group. I just picked up a Heathkit AT-1 transmitter at a
local hamfest ($10). I want to restore this jewel. It has been
partially disassembled and some of the components are in a bag. It
looks like the main power transformer is missing and the meter is
missing. The front panel looks to be in pretty good condx but has some
extra holes . I have down loaded the schematic from BAMA.
Does anyone have a power transformer and/or meter? Maybe you know a
source for these parts. Any info on this will be most appreciated.
Randy, W5KCM
Old January 17th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Hi Randy:

The power transformers are pretty easy to acquire. Just look for one that
is the approximate size. Often you will find nice substitutes in old tube
test equipment that no one wants. I just took apart an old HP square wave
generator and it yielded a perfect replacement for a rig. It would have
worked nicely in the AT-1, also.

Meters are critical for the right look. You can make new scales using a
number of free software programs.

Nice rig. Beware, though, the power output is only about 8 watts, so do not
expect 35 watts input and 25 watts output.

73, Colin K7FM

Old January 17th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Jan 16, 7:44*pm, "COLIN LAMB" wrote:
Hi Randy:

The power transformers are pretty easy to acquire. *Just look for one that
is the approximate size. *Often you will find nice substitutes in old tube
test equipment that no one wants. *I just took apart an old HP square wave
generator and it yielded a perfect replacement for a rig. *It would have
worked nicely in the AT-1, also.

Meters are critical for the right look. *You can make new scales using a
number of free software programs.

Nice rig. *Beware, though, the power output is only about 8 watts, so do not
expect 35 watts input and 25 watts output.

73, *Colin *K7FM

Hi Colin,

Very good info. I will look for the tube type test equip for the
xformer, great idea. Possibly, I will find another AT-1 at one of the
hamfests in the future for the meter, and I also need knobs..

Thanks, Randy, W5KCM

GF-11 transmitter restoration Vladi Boatanchors 1 November 27th 05 12:53 AM
Heathkit HW-202 restoration Mike Burch Homebrew 2 February 13th 05 11:23 PM
HW 101 restoration Ray Collins Boatanchors 7 March 4th 04 02:59 AM
Restoration Di & Chuck Boatanchors 0 October 19th 03 07:52 PM
Restoration Di & Chuck Boatanchors 0 October 19th 03 07:52 PM