Old January 21st 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Odd HARP moonbounce experiences.

On Jan 21, 11:53*am, wrote:
On Jan 21, 8:13 am, wrote:

The Saturday morning test was perfecgt.
Even though I was using a vertical antenna and I never planned on
trying to receive anything from
directly overhead I recevied very good returns from the moon.

I decided to add some extra antennas for the Sunday morning test, and
see what differences I
would experience between the active roof mounted active vertical, an
active horizontal dipole and
a WL1030 loop elevated at 15' on a fiber glass ladder in the
horizontal plan.

I had great reception of everything but HARP.

I didn't even get the outgoing signal. At 4 degrees F is was just too
cold to go out and play with the
antennas. *Did anyone within a 100 miles of Lexington KY receive the
Sunday morning test?

I had three receivers, and after the first 10 minutes of no signal I
made every test I could.
I Received *WWV on 5 and 10 and CHU on 7.X.

Does anyone know if there is going to be another HARP test?

Bummed out in Nicholasville.

Terry

- Ah, another southern state that got the bounce.

-wouldn't that be-

Ah, another southern state that got the bounce-over. ?

FWIW - Someone [?] wrote that :

Saturday Night HAARP Test had 'good' Signal Conditions.
- - - Meaning they could Hear the Lunar Relection.

Sunday Night HAARP Test had 'poor' Signal Conditions.
- - - Meaning they could not Hear the Lunar Relection.

~ RHF