Old January 21st 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Odd HARP moonbounce experiences.

On Jan 21, 8:13 am, wrote:
The Saturday morning test was perfecgt.
Even though I was using a vertical antenna and I never planned on
trying to receive anything from
directly overhead I recevied very good returns from the moon.

I decided to add some extra antennas for the Sunday morning test, and
see what differences I
would experience between the active roof mounted active vertical, an
active horizontal dipole and
a WL1030 loop elevated at 15' on a fiber glass ladder in the
horizontal plan.

I had great reception of everything but HARP.

I didn't even get the outgoing signal. At 4 degrees F is was just too
cold to go out and play with the
antennas. Did anyone within a 100 miles of Lexington KY receive the
Sunday morning test?

I had three receivers, and after the first 10 minutes of no signal I
made every test I could.
I Received WWV on 5 and 10 and CHU on 7.X.

Does anyone know if there is going to be another HARP test?

Bummed out in Nicholasville.

Terry

Ah, another southern state that got the bounce.
Old January 21st 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 21, 11:53*am, wrote:
On Jan 21, 8:13 am, wrote:

[...]

-wouldn't that be-

Ah, another southern state that got the bounce-over. ?

FWIW - Someone [?] wrote that :

Saturday Night HAARP Test had 'good' Signal Conditions.
- - - Meaning they could Hear the Lunar Relection.

Sunday Night HAARP Test had 'poor' Signal Conditions.
- - - Meaning they could not Hear the Lunar Relection.

~ RHF