Old February 5th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
The Shadow[_2_] The Shadow[_2_] is offline

Default spiderbeam antenna

"jawod" wrote in message
I tried to post on the antenna group but most of the conversation over
there seems to remain on a rather esoteric (and pedantic) plan.

So I'll try here (hope that's OK)

I had a QSO with a VE who uses a "SpiderBeam" which I had never heard of.

Apparently it is a folded modified Moxon design wherein the reflector and
director elements (made of wire) are folded back toward the center of the
antenna

_______
\ /
\ /
_________

/ \
/_____\

I am actually proud of that drawing (!)

It comes as a kit that you construct with fiberglass tubes ,etc.

It is reportedly used a lot in DXpeditions.

Now they have a "home version" that is a little more sturdy.

Has anyone used it and care to comment?

Much appreciated

John
AB8O