Old February 5th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default spiderbeam antenna

I tried to post on the antenna group but most of the conversation over
there seems to remain on a rather esoteric (and pedantic) plan.

So I'll try here (hope that's OK)

I had a QSO with a VE who uses a "SpiderBeam" which I had never heard of.

Apparently it is a folded modified Moxon design wherein the reflector
and director elements (made of wire) are folded back toward the center
of the antenna

_______
\ /
\ /
_________

/ \
/_____\

I am actually proud of that drawing (!)

It comes as a kit that you construct with fiberglass tubes ,etc.

It is reportedly used a lot in DXpeditions.

Now they have a "home version" that is a little more sturdy.

Has anyone used it and care to comment?

Much appreciated

John
AB8O
Old February 5th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"jawod" wrote in message
[...]

have you seen E-Ham reviews
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3688

Lamont

Old February 5th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi,

We used those back in the 80's for CB radios. Kick butt DXing antenna.

But they were quite a bit stronger ;-)

Cheers!

SpiderBeam jawod Antenna 14 February 11th 08 06:18 PM
Single Wire Antenna {Longwire / Random Wire Antenna} - What To Use : Antenna Tuner? and/or Pre-Selector? RHF Shortwave 20 December 31st 05 09:41 PM
Single Wire Antenna {Longwire / Random Wire Antenna} - What To Use : Antenna Tuner? and/or Pre-Selector? David Shortwave 0 December 28th 05 05:24 AM
Single Wire Antenna {Longwire / Random Wire Antenna} - What To Use : Antenna Tuner? and/or Pre-Selector? David Shortwave 3 December 27th 05 09:59 PM
Single Wire Antenna {Longwire / Random Wire Antenna} - What To Use : Antenna Tuner? and/or Pre-Selector? David Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 09:18 PM