Old February 7th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA Pete KE9OA is offline

Default WBBM no nighttime IBOC?

This is good..............maybe enough people have complained about it.
Next, we need to see 670 and WGN 720 eliminate their evening "noise".

Pete

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
RHF wrote:

On Feb 7, 4:22 am, Ron Hardin wrote:
- WBBM 780 Chicago starting last week has turned
- off their IBOC before dawn at least, as evidenced
- by the sudden audibility of WABC 770 NYC listening
- in Ohio, free of overwhelming IBOC hiss-wash.
-
- WJR 760 Detroit seems to have ceased somewhat
- longer ago, and now WABC is a clear channel again.
- --
-
-
- On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

RH - Clearification Please
"turned off their IBOC before dawn at least"

Is WBBM-AM 780 kHz in Chicago, IL turning 'Off' the
IBOC Transmission from Dusk-to-Dawn {Over-Night} ?

-or- Only a few hours before Dawn say 4~5 AM to 7~8 AM ?

i want to know ~ RHF
.

I only know from listening to Imus, starting at 6am, which is
an hour before sunrise in Ohio. Longer before in Chicago.