Old February 9th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IBOCcrock IBOCcrock is offline

Default HD: If a Tree Falls & No One Hears It... Washington Post

On Feb 9, 12:22Â*am, Rfburns wrote:
On Feb 8, 11:11 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:

On Feb 8, 9:56�pm, Steve wrote:

On Feb 8, 2:20�pm, IBOCcrock wrote:

"HD: If a Tree Falls & No One Hears It..."

http://tinyurl.com/2sttd6

Sweet!

Nice article, though it surprises me that people still consider the
failure of HD to be "news".

True - I hope that you all submitted your comments!

No need to worry boys. Â*Eddie says cell phones and other gadgets with
HD radio built-in are just around the corner! Â*But you'll need to hook
your FM dipole and MW loop antennas up in order for the "HD" part to
work right. Â*Just a minor detail though.

Oh, and don't forget your contribution to iBiquity Â*That'll cost you
$100 or so.

That Eddie - Â*he knows everything. Â*Just as him.

jw

Clear Channel already tried a cell phone deal and it fell through due
to lack of interest. The iPhone and iPod are going with iRadio and
FlyTunes, and the iPod constitutes 80% - 90% of the MP3 market.
There's nowhere for HD Radio to go.