Old February 12th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
aieo aieo is offline

Default Question Marine VHF / Ham Transceiver

Thanks. We all have seen commercial ham units able to go out of band just on
their inherant design. For example, many aircraft use amateur gear for HF
aviation use. I was just wondering if any units out there were capable of
the marine band.

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
I know of no 2 meter ham transceiver that is legal to use on the marine
band. However, if you need both, you can buy a commercial unit and program
it for the ham band. I do that and am legal.

Colin K7FM