Old February 18th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Fail

IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Fail
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-ra...d06d283fd82571

On Feb 18, 6:18 am, Steve wrote:
Point-of-Fact : Consumers Are Buying "HD" Radios !
- How Is This Bad News For "HD" Radio ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...f1ead84fa7501e
- - On Feb 18, 2:08 am, RHF wrote:

- S N I P -

- - Steve - I don't have to be For -or- Against Something
- - to Honestly Evaluate It. Wishing that IBOC and "HD"
- - Radio will Fail : Ain't Gona Make It Fail.

- No, but I get the sense that you are wanting to promote
- HD radio simply because you're posting about it here,
- on a shortwave group.

Actually from a Google perspective this Message Thread
begain with the Post by IBOCcrock :
"Consumers, Wall Street Not Buying HD!"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...5cef54a0f5da19

IBOCcrock has Posted around 750+ Messages related
to IBOC, and may be about 250 of those Messages that
He has Originated were about IBOC with an Anti-IBOC
Theme / Slant.

BUT ONE DARES TO CRITICIZE HIM FOR DOING SO
-because- Even though IBOC Ain't Shortwave Radio almost
Everyone here on Rec.Radio.Shortwave Newsgroup just
Loves-to-Hate IBOC "HD" Radio -because- It Does Destroy
Much of What is Left of AM/MW Radio DXing.

=But= Wishing that IBOC will Fail* : Ain't Going to Make
IBOC Fail +plus+ As others here have stated the is
Significant Radio Broadcaster $upport at the Corporate
Media Level for IBOC and the FCC $upports IBOC too.
* Hard to Fail when both Corporate Dollar$ and the US
Government Dollar$ are behind IBOC "HD" Radio.

- That's your prerogative, but I personally don't get it.

I Don't Have To Like It {Yes IMHO IBOC $ucks} :
To-Get-It ! {IBOC Most Likely Is Here To $tay}

- - IBOCcrock presented some 'numbers' and claimed
- - that those 'numbers' met that IBOC "HD" Radio is
- - Doomed to Failure : Those same Numbers can Mean
- - a Slow and Steady Growth for IBOC "HD" Radio for a
- - Decade of more. -ps- You don't have to like the Numbers
- - to give them an Honest Look.

- Giving the numbers an honest look means looking at more
- than the numbers themselves. It means looking at the
- development of Wimax and the fate (good or bad) of satellite
- radio. It means looking at the fact that HD doesn't address
- any of the real (i.e., programming) problems that explain the
- current sad state of much commercial broadcast radio.

I simply presented a Set-of-Numbers {a possibility} that
-if- they occured could show a slow progressive time-line
to the Public Acceptance of IBOC "HD" Radio as a
Transitional Evolution from Analog Broadcastion to Digital
Broadcasting in the same sort of disorderly process that
marked the change of from AM {Only} Radios to AM/FM
Radios and the follow-on change from AM/FM Radios to
AM/FM-Stereo Radios and the Oops of AM-Stereo Radio.
[ Things Happen -and- Not Necessarily for Good Reasons. ]

-ps- History Often Repeats Itself and this Time Radio
Broadcasters at the Corporate Media Level and the FCC
at the Federal Government Level are Helping IBOC "HD"
Radio along like they never did for : FM Radio; FM-Stereo
Radio; and they seem to have learned the Lesson of the
Failed AM-Stereo Radio.

- If broadcasters had vision, we wouldn't even need to be
- talking about HD.

What they may lack in "The Vision Thing" (1) they make up for in
the Economic Interest (2) and Public Image Making Thing (3)
along with Capital Resources (4) and their Political Muscle (5).
[ Four-out-of-Five Ain't Bad = $U¢¢E$$]