Old February 26th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Nelson Gietz Nelson Gietz is offline

Default Need SP600 JX-17 Front Panel Repainted

wrote in message
Need SP600 JX-17 Front Panel Repainted
Does anyone here restore front panels on
a SP-600 JX-17?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.Rich KF2GG

Rich,
You can do the job yourself. I have the same model, and redid the front
panel. As I recall I stripped it, and used emery and steel wool to get an
even
finish. I then used the nearest match I could find in a metal spray paint
and
coated the entire panel. The lettering etc is stamped-in on this one, so
very
careful work with a paint pen restored that. Over all, I clearcoated it.
It may not be "exactly" correct in color, and may be a little glossier
than
original, but it looks very good. I wasn't trying for a museum restoration,
though.
Hope this helps.
Nelson