Old March 9th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Default Unused Antenna Port ?

Hello,

I will be using a single antenna going to an A/B switch so I can feed the
antenna to either one of two Scanners (receive only).

Apparently the switch does Not ground the unused port.

Was wondering if having the scanners antenna input jack just "floating"
while the unit is off has the potential for damaging the radio ?

I guess I should also ask the corollary: If the unused scanner is turned On
accidentally, and the port is floating as before, any potential liklihood of
damage for this case ?

Guess I am worried about static buildups, etc.

Thanks,
Bob