Old March 11th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] francesco.messineo@gmail.com is offline

Default hallicrafters sx-146 repair

Hello,
I'm repairing the SX-146 receiver. First problem was the transformer
rewound for 220V primary that has been changed to an autotransformer,
with the obvious problems. Now I'm rewinding it as a transformer again
maintaining the 220V primary. Can anyone tell me what's the secondary
HT voltage supposed to be?
Counting the turns it appears to be 170V, but if someone can measure
it I'd appreciate it.

Then I'll have to reconnect a good amount of broken wires, but this
should be easy with the aid of the schematic.

Also the unit lacks all optional xtals and filters, any chance I can
find these xtals and filters anywhere nowadays?
Thank you and best 73 de

IZ8DWF Francesco