Old March 21st 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
MGFoster MGFoster is offline

Default PJ4O - Who is this?

Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Feb 19, 8:30 am, MGFoster wrote:

I couldn't find any QSL info for PJ4O (Netherlands Antilles), who I
worked during the ARRL DX CW contest at the 11th hour. Looking at some
spotting archives, he appears during the contest and then disappears.
Was he a contest club?

Any QSL info would be appreciated.

Of all the DX-vacation sites, PJ seems to be remarkably well
represented on LOTW. I count 17 QSO's in the November and February
contests; ALL of them were confirmed in LOTW, including PJ4O. (I
contrast this with, say, some eastern european countries, like
Croatia: I worked 22 QSO's with them in the February contests and none
were confirmed via LOTW.)

Not sure why LOTW is so universally popular and used at some
locations, and seems to be so neglected at other locations.

Shortly after I posted this request I found the QSL manager for PJ4O and
have sent my QSL card to him. I've uploaded my contest log to LoTW, but
PJ4O hasn't matched my QSL yet.
--
MGFoster:::mgf00 at earthlink decimal-point net (KI6OFN)
Oakland, CA (USA)