Old February 19th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default PJ4O - Who is this?

Old February 19th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
No Name

MGFoster wrote:

I couldn't find any QSL info for PJ4O (Netherlands Antilles), who I
Was he a contest club? Any QSL info would be appreciated.

Probably a contest station--that area is popular with Stateside contesters
looking for a contest vacation. Back when I played in contests, there
were some of those clubs I'd work every year from various places around
the Caribbean and SA. Some of them are great QSLers and some aren't--but
if it was a club, it may take a while to reply to your card.

QSL information will appear after the contest, online. One easy way to
look is to pop the callsign into Google and see what you find--many of
these folks put up a little website with QSL info, etc. If you do much of
this, subscribe to "QRZ DX" published by N4AA--a great resource for DXing!

If it's a club station, there will often be a US QSL address. I usually
send a SASE with my own QSL, and if it was a club contesting effort, about
half the time I add a 'green stamp' to help with their printing and other
QSLing costs.

GL and hope you had fun in the contest!
--ac4rd (inactive these days)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD atsign mindspring dotsign com
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001

Old February 19th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

This is from a recent ARRL DX Bulletin

BONAIRE, CURACAO, PJ2. Operators W9RE, N5OT, W4OC and N4GG are QRV
as PJ4/homecalls until February 20. Activity is on all HF bands.
This includes an entry in the ARRL DX CW contest as a Multi/2 entry.
QSL to home calls.

Give them a few days, check Buckmaster or QRZ.com to see if e-mail adrs
listed for any of them. E-mail one of them to ask if that was their contest
call.
Joe
W7KQU

Old February 26th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Got this from Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin :

PJ4, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES. Operators Hal/N4GG, Mayse/W4OC, Mark/N5OT and
Mike/W9RE will be active as PJ4/homecall from Bonaire between February
12-19th. Their activity will include the ARRL CW DX Contest (February
16-17th) as a Multi-2 entry signing PJ4M. Look for operations before and
after the contest. QSL PJ4M via N4GG and all other callsigns via their
home callsigns.

Quite possible you maybe ended up with an extra "dah" in the call sign
during the heat of the contest.

3's to ya,

Homer

Old February 27th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
ZB ZB is offline

Homer J wrote:

Quite possible you maybe ended up with an extra "dah" in the call sign
during the heat of the contest.

http://www.qrz.com/pj4o

73 .... WA7AA
Old February 27th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:32:02 -0500, Homer J wrote:
Got this from Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin :

PJ4, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES. Operators Hal/N4GG, Mayse/W4OC, Mark/N5OT and
Mike/W9RE will be active as PJ4/homecall from Bonaire between February
12-19th. Their activity will include the ARRL CW DX Contest (February
16-17th) as a Multi-2 entry signing PJ4M. Look for operations before and
after the contest. QSL PJ4M via N4GG and all other callsigns via their
home callsigns.

Quite possible you maybe ended up with an extra "dah" in the call sign
during the heat of the contest.

They were definitely signing PJ4O in the contest. At least, *someone* was
signing PJ4O - and they made enough contacts that they pretty much had to
be these guys...

I might educated-guess that this does mean N4GG is the right route for
PJ4O.

I might also educated-guess there was some kind of misunderstanding either
at the PJ4 licensing authority or among these ops (or both) as to what
call would be assigned.

Old March 20th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Feb 19, 8:30*am, MGFoster wrote:

I couldn't find any QSL info for PJ4O (Netherlands Antilles), who I
worked during the ARRL DX CW contest at the 11th hour. *Looking at some
spotting archives, he appears during the contest and then disappears.
Was he a contest club?

Any QSL info would be appreciated.

Of all the DX-vacation sites, PJ seems to be remarkably well
represented on LOTW. I count 17 QSO's in the November and February
contests; ALL of them were confirmed in LOTW, including PJ4O. (I
contrast this with, say, some eastern european countries, like
Croatia: I worked 22 QSO's with them in the February contests and none
were confirmed via LOTW.)

Not sure why LOTW is so universally popular and used at some
locations, and seems to be so neglected at other locations.

Tim.
Old March 21st 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Feb 19, 8:30 am, MGFoster wrote:

I couldn't find any QSL info for PJ4O (Netherlands Antilles), who I
worked during the ARRL DX CW contest at the 11th hour. Looking at some
spotting archives, he appears during the contest and then disappears.
Was he a contest club?

Any QSL info would be appreciated.

Of all the DX-vacation sites, PJ seems to be remarkably well
represented on LOTW. I count 17 QSO's in the November and February
contests; ALL of them were confirmed in LOTW, including PJ4O. (I
contrast this with, say, some eastern european countries, like
Croatia: I worked 22 QSO's with them in the February contests and none
were confirmed via LOTW.)

Not sure why LOTW is so universally popular and used at some
locations, and seems to be so neglected at other locations.

Shortly after I posted this request I found the QSL manager for PJ4O and
have sent my QSL card to him. I've uploaded my contest log to LoTW, but
PJ4O hasn't matched my QSL yet.
--
MGFoster:::mgf00 at earthlink decimal-point net (KI6OFN)
Oakland, CA (USA)