Old March 23rd 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
ferrymanr ferrymanr is offline

Default Really tiny soldering iron??

I wonder if anyone knows of a really small soldering iron (half the diameter
of the Antex 12W iron). I have one I purchased in USA about 20 years ago
and the element has now failed. As the manufacturers name has worn off the
handle I am at a loss as to where to get a replacement. A search of the web
has proved fruitless. It is the only iron I have had that can fit between
other components or in very confined spaces when replacing SMD resistors
etc.

Original iron:-
Overall length handle and bit 145mm (5 1/2")
Handle diameter 9mm
Shaft (element) diameter 1.6mm
Bit maximum diameter 3mm
Bit tip approximately 0.5mm - may be less.
Supply 12V

Dick G4BBH