Old November 9th 03, 07:59 PM
Tdonaly

I won't believe your theory, Yuri, until you and Cecil take the
time to present it in terms of field theory. Since you guys have taken
EM classes in college you should have no trouble doing this, right?

Please reference Chapter 1 of _Fields_and_Waves_... by Ramo,
Whinnery, and Van Duzer. Start with equations 1.18 (4)&(5)
and 1.22 (1) & (2). Also _Antenna_Theory_ by Balanis, equations
4-81 and 10-1 and one other that I cannot locate right now. :-)
The one I cannot locate is the simplified one for a 1/2WL dipole.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

I don't have Ramo et al's book, but I do have Balanis' book. I think
anyone who wants to understand equation 4-81 should read the whole
section: 4.5.6 where he makes it clear these equations are
approximations that are pretty good under some circumstances
and lousy under others. The standards he judges them on
are the techniques of Integral Equations and Moment Method
which he explains in another part of the book. He doesn't say
a single thing about a "cosine law" for a real antenna, as Yuri
does.
I think I'll keep my EZNEC.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
(P.S. I looked, in Balanis, for a section on inductively loaded
antennas and couldn't find one. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
If anyone knows where to look in that book for information on such
I'd be obliged for the information.)