Old March 26th 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Price ? : Wanted to Buy an R.L. Drake R8B Shortwave RadioReceiver

On Mar 26, 2:03*am, BDK wrote:
In article 3fc998a2-e055-42e4-b6de-
,
says...

On Mar 26, 1:15*am, Drakefan wrote:
Subject-Line was :Wanted to buy: Drake R8B

- - denny wrote:
- - I am looking for a Drake R8B in good condition.
- - If you have or know of one for sale please contact me off-list.
- - Denny Dollahon. e-mail:
-
- You should be able to find an R8B for less than $1K
- these days. I got mine for $950 a few years ago.
- I encourage you to hold out for the 'B' model.
- It's really much better than the earlier ones.
- You won't be disappointed.
- Good luck.

DrakeFan,

Actually once R.L. Drake stopped making the R8B Receivers
the Price of the "Used" ones Like-New and Like New with Box,
All Documents and Accessories shot-up to nearly the prior
OnLine Discounted Price of about US $ 1400.
http://www.mwcircle.org/res-receiver-draker8b.htm

Example : Universal-Radio.Com
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold122.html
Prices for "Used" Drake R8B Receivers :
OCT 2004 @ US $ 890
MAR 2007 @ US $ 1330
NOV 2007 @ US $ 1330

In 2008 the R.L. Drake R8B Receiver is now both :
* A Excellent Radio : Maintains It's Used Price Point.
* Collectable : Expect the Price to Raise over time.

the drake r8b - they ain't making any more -and-
there were not that many made to start with ~ RHF
*.

I had no idea that they got so high in price! Wow.

I should have bought the last one I was offered for $800..

BDK- Hide quoted text -

BDK,

SEARCH eBAY for Closed Auctions {Final Bid Price}
for the R.L. Drake R8B Shortwave Receiver
http://search-completed.ebay.com/Drake-R8B
Shows Three R8Bs having being Sold
there recently @ $999, $1200 and $1455

SEARCH eBAY for Current Auctions {Current Bid }
for R.L. Drake R8B Shortwave Receiver
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...itle=Drake+R8B
Presently there is One R8B being Sold
with 27 Bids and a Current Bid of $910.

RL Drake R8B HF Ham and Shortwave Receiver 8C/39
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ230233451027

NOTE - This R8B is being Sold by Orlando Computer and
they have sold several R8Bs over the last year or two.

FWIW - Orlando Computer 'claims' in their eBay Listing :
You are bidding on a Factory Serviced and Calibrated
Drake R8B World Band Receiver. S/N : 8C12940039
Factory Calibrated and Serviced with Warranty !
Yes, you will get a 100% Operational Unit
GUARANTEED BY DRAKE.

-ps- These R8Bs usually Bid-Out near the Original Retail Price.

There are Six Very Good Photos of this R8B.