Old March 25th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Wanted to buy: Drake R8B

I am looking for a Drake R8B in good condition. If you have or know of
one for sale please contact me off-list. Denny Dollahon. e-mail:

Old March 26th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

denny wrote:

I am looking for a Drake R8B in good condition. If you have or know of
one for sale please contact me off-list. Denny Dollahon. e-mail:

You should be able to find an R8B for less than $1K these days. I got
mine for $950 a few years ago. I encourage you to hold out for the 'B'
model. It's really much better than the earlier ones. You won't be
disappointed. Good luck.
Old March 26th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Price ? : Wanted to Buy an R.L. Drake R8B Shortwave Radio Receiver

On Mar 26, 1:15*am, Drakefan wrote:
Subject-Line was :Wanted to buy: Drake R8B

-
- You should be able to find an R8B for less than $1K
- these days. I got mine for $950 a few years ago.
- I encourage you to hold out for the 'B' model.
- It's really much better than the earlier ones.
- You won't be disappointed.
- Good luck.

DrakeFan,

Actually once R.L. Drake stopped making the R8B Receivers
the Price of the "Used" ones Like-New and Like New with Box,
All Documents and Accessories shot-up to nearly the prior
OnLine Discounted Price of about US $ 1400.
http://www.mwcircle.org/res-receiver-draker8b.htm

Example : Universal-Radio.Com
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold122.html
Prices for "Used" Drake R8B Receivers :
OCT 2004 @ US $ 890
MAR 2007 @ US $ 1330
NOV 2007 @ US $ 1330

In 2008 the R.L. Drake R8B Receiver is now both :
* A Excellent Radio : Maintains It's Used Price Point.
* Collectable : Expect the Price to Raise over time.

the drake r8b - they ain't making any more -and-
there were not that many made to start with ~ RHF
Old March 26th 08, 09:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article 3fc998a2-e055-42e4-b6de-
,
says...

- - denny wrote:
[...]

.

I had no idea that they got so high in price! Wow.

I should have bought the last one I was offered for $800..

BDK
Old March 26th 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

- - denny wrote:
[...]

*.

I had no idea that they got so high in price! Wow.

I should have bought the last one I was offered for $800..

BDK- Hide quoted text -

BDK,

SEARCH eBAY for Closed Auctions {Final Bid Price}
for the R.L. Drake R8B Shortwave Receiver
http://search-completed.ebay.com/Drake-R8B
Shows Three R8Bs having being Sold
there recently @ $999, $1200 and $1455

SEARCH eBAY for Current Auctions {Current Bid }
for R.L. Drake R8B Shortwave Receiver
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...itle=Drake+R8B
Presently there is One R8B being Sold
with 27 Bids and a Current Bid of $910.

RL Drake R8B HF Ham and Shortwave Receiver 8C/39
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ230233451027

NOTE - This R8B is being Sold by Orlando Computer and
they have sold several R8Bs over the last year or two.

FWIW - Orlando Computer 'claims' in their eBay Listing :
You are bidding on a Factory Serviced and Calibrated
Drake R8B World Band Receiver. S/N : 8C12940039
Factory Calibrated and Serviced with Warranty !
Yes, you will get a 100% Operational Unit
GUARANTEED BY DRAKE.

-ps- These R8Bs usually Bid-Out near the Original Retail Price.

There are Six Very Good Photos of this R8B.

Old March 26th 08, 11:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

denny wrote:

I am looking for a Drake R8B in good condition. If you have or know of
one for sale please contact me off-list. Denny Dollahon. e-mail:

There's almost always one or more up on eBay.

Old March 26th 08, 12:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

- - denny wrote:
[...]

I just checked eBay completed and there were 3 there.

Average price: $1218.00

There was one that had a Buy It Now of $999.00, one went for $1455 and the other
went for $1200.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 26th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"denny" wrote in message ...
I am looking for a Drake R8B in good condition. If you have or know of
one for sale please contact me off-list. Denny Dollahon. e-mail:

There's one in Universal's used equipment list @$1349.95 + shipping.

Regards,
John

Old March 27th 08, 01:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

denny wrote:
I am looking for a Drake R8B in good condition. If you have or know of
one for sale please contact me off-list. Denny Dollahon. e-mail:

Make me an offer.
Old March 27th 08, 01:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drakefan wrote:
denny wrote:

I am looking for a Drake R8B in good condition. If you have or know of
one for sale please contact me off-list. Denny Dollahon. e-mail:

You should be able to find an R8B for less than $1K these days. I got
mine for $950 a few years ago. I encourage you to hold out for the 'B'
model. It's really much better than the earlier ones. You won't be
disappointed. Good luck.

I have the radio and the service manual.

Wanted:Drake L4B fan mrhaney Equipment 1 February 5th 08 02:44 AM
Wanted: Drake SPR-4 Dave Swap 0 April 24th 04 11:05 AM
Wanted - Drake R4-A or B T.E.O Swap 0 January 27th 04 12:02 PM
Wanted - Drake TR7-A or TR-7 T.E.O Boatanchors 1 November 11th 03 10:07 PM
Wanted - Drake TR7-A or TR-7 T.E.O Swap 1 November 11th 03 10:07 PM