Old April 11th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
No Name

Default Multiband no-radial vertical?

Cecil Moore wrote:
I received an email question from a ham in Spain
and I don't know the answer.

Could you recommend me a HF vertical multiband antenna
(80,40,20,10 or more bands) which doesn't require
radials?

Is there a commercial HF vertical available in
Spain that doesn't require radials?

I don't know about availability in Spain, but I used to have a Gap "Eagle"
vertical that needed no radials. It's actually a vertical dipole, with a
center feed. It worked moderately well and had a fairly small footprint.

I bought it when we moved to a new house because my wife didn't want "all
those wires in the yard." :-) After using it for a couple of months I
wound up putting up another big horizontal loop--but left the Eagle up.
Probably 85% of signals were better on the loop but the Gap Eagle worked
reasonably well for a small antenna. HTH!

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD atsign mindspring dotsign com
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001