Old April 27th 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Where to get GE Super Radio III Cheap?

"m II" wrote in message newswUQj.2576$XI1.926@edtnps91...
Brenda Ann wrote:

Superadio III now bears the RCA logo (IIRC, both GE and RCA consumer
electronics are both owned by Thomson Consumer Group of France (built of
course in China). This could have changed yet again by now.

Hi Brenda, how's the E1 doing? well I hope. Is it meeting all your
expectations?

The replacement E1 is indeed performing quite well. I'm really surprised at
how well the AM/MW performs without a directional antenna.

I, too am thinking of picking up the twin coil ferrite from CCrane to use
out in my shop, which is a steel container that makes a wonderful Faraday
cage. I figure if I mount the antenna on top of the shop, attached to a
pan/tilt setup to use as a rotator, all mounted under a plastic bowl to keep
the rain off, it should make almost an ideal setup for not only DX but just
everyday program listening (so I can hear more than one station without 20dB
over S-9 noise level..