Old April 27th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Where to get GE Super Radio III Cheap?

I need a new basic radio and want a GE Super Radio III. Where can I
pick one up the at the cheapest price?

Thanks!

Old April 27th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 26, 10:06*pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:
* * I need a new basic radio and want a GE Super Radio III. *Where can I
pick one up the at the cheapest price?

Thanks!

Ebay.
Old April 27th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 26, 9:06*pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:
* * I need a new basic radio and want a GE Super Radio III. *Where can I
pick one up the at the cheapest price?

Thanks!

Several years ago I bought a GE Super Radio from our local K-Mart. (I
don't remember if it is II or III) for about $50. I don't know if they
still carry it or not. Interestingly enough just a few weeks ago I saw
one in our local Radio Shack. I didn't check the price, but I did
notice that it no longer bore the GE trademark/logo. Apparently some
other company had its logo on it - I didn't check exactly what it was.
But the radio was definintely a Super Radio. Hope this helps. (I love
mine. Batteries seem to last forever, and reception is terrific.)
JimCo
Old April 27th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Jim" wrote in message
On Apr 26, 9:06 pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:
I need a new basic radio and want a GE Super Radio III. Where can I
pick one up the at the cheapest price?

Thanks!

Several years ago I bought a GE Super Radio from our local K-Mart. (I
don't remember if it is II or III) for about $50. I don't know if they
still carry it or not. Interestingly enough just a few weeks ago I saw
one in our local Radio Shack. I didn't check the price, but I did
notice that it no longer bore the GE trademark/logo. Apparently some
other company had its logo on it - I didn't check exactly what it was.
But the radio was definintely a Super Radio. Hope this helps. (I love
mine. Batteries seem to last forever, and reception is terrific.)
JimCo

Superadio III now bears the RCA logo (IIRC, both GE and RCA consumer
electronics are both owned by Thomson Consumer Group of France (built of
course in China). This could have changed yet again by now.

Old April 27th 08, 06:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

Superadio III now bears the RCA logo (IIRC, both GE and RCA consumer
electronics are both owned by Thomson Consumer Group of France (built of
course in China). This could have changed yet again by now.

Hi Brenda, how's the E1 doing? well I hope. Is it meeting all your
expectations?

mike

Old April 27th 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"m II" wrote in message newswUQj.2576$XI1.926@edtnps91...
Brenda Ann wrote:

Superadio III now bears the RCA logo (IIRC, both GE and RCA consumer
electronics are both owned by Thomson Consumer Group of France (built of
course in China). This could have changed yet again by now.

Hi Brenda, how's the E1 doing? well I hope. Is it meeting all your
expectations?

The replacement E1 is indeed performing quite well. I'm really surprised at
how well the AM/MW performs without a directional antenna.

I, too am thinking of picking up the twin coil ferrite from CCrane to use
out in my shop, which is a steel container that makes a wonderful Faraday
cage. I figure if I mount the antenna on top of the shop, attached to a
pan/tilt setup to use as a rotator, all mounted under a plastic bowl to keep
the rain off, it should make almost an ideal setup for not only DX but just
everyday program listening (so I can hear more than one station without 20dB
over S-9 noise level..

Old April 27th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Apr 26, 7:06*pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:
-
-* I need a new basic radio and want a GE Super Radio III.
- *Where can I pick one up the at the cheapest price?
-
- Thanks!

VF,

RCA AM/FM SUPERADIO III @ $40.95 +S&H
http://tinyurl.com/3p9f4o
-source- Bennett Brothers

RCA {GE} Superadio III @ Universal-Radio is Discontinued !
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...alty/0547.html

RCA {GE} Superadio III @ C.Crane Co. is Discontinued !
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/am-fm-r...superadio.aspx

RCA {GE} Superadio III @ 123 Radios is Discontinued !
http://www.123radios.com/BuyItNow.asp?PID=2335

RCA {GE} Superadio III @ Amazon $89+S&H$22=$111 Wow !

Search eBay for : GE Superadio
http://search.ebay.com/rca-superadio...geQ2bsuperadio

Search eBay for : RCA Superadio
http://search.ebay.com/rca-superadio...caQ2bsuperadio

hope this helps ~ RHF
Old April 27th 08, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Von Fourche wrote:

I need a new basic radio and want a GE Super Radio III. Where can I
pick one up the at the cheapest price?

If you're not totally in need of the extended AM band what you might consider
doing is saving up a bit more and try to get an SRII on eBay, or anywhere else.

A much better radio, better calibration, etc.

I got very lucky and got one mint for around $6, and toying with the idea of
getting an SR1 just for the fun of it and selling off my SRIII.

I'm not really a MW DX'er, but do enjoy looking around from time to time.

Old April 27th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 26, 8:06 pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:
I need a new basic radio and want a GE Super Radio III. Where can I
pick one up the at the cheapest price?

Thanks!

This retailer has them for just over $45.00 plus shipping:

http://www.audio-video-furniture.com...e&SrcID=299712

If you're thinking about purchasing a new Super Radio, better not wait
too long. In their infinite wisdom, Thomson Consumer Electronics
(which owns RCA) has seen fit to discontinue the SR III--hence the
astronomically high prices for this radio on eBay and Amazon. (I
believe a new in the box RCA Super Radio recently sold for over
$100.00 on eBay.)

There's a seller on eBay that had a stock of new RCA Super Radios
( without the retail box) for sale recently for $26.00 plus shipping.
Although all of these radios have been sold, you might want to check
this seller's listings from time to time in case any more are offered
for sale in the near futu

http://cgi.ebay.com/RCA-AM-FM-PORTAB...QQcmdZViewItem

73,

David