Old April 28th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini Joe Analssandrini is offline

Default Redsun RP 2100 or RP 3000?

Dear Sir,

The Redsun RP-3000/3100 has been put on "indefinite hold" (meaning
"fuhgeddaboutit!") as their engineers were/are not able to design a
properly-functioning synchronous detection circuit. I do not know why
this situation should exist (after all. synchronous detection circuits
have been around for over twenty years now), but that's the way it is.

If you want one of these radios, spring for the Kaito KA2100 (comes
with a US warranty and internal power supply yet can also be powered
by an external power supply, if you wish, and, of course, "D" and/or
"AA" batteries).

Best,

Joe

On Apr 27, 5:11 pm, "Sanjaya" wrote:
I have been considering the purchase of a Redsun RP 2100, but
have put it off in hopes that the next generation 3000 or 3001 would
be released.

Am I wasting my time waiting for the RP 3000?

If so, I'll go ahead and get a 2100.