Old April 27th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Redsun RP 2100 or RP 3000?

I have been considering the purchase of a Redsun RP 2100, but
have put it off in hopes that the next generation 3000 or 3001 would
be released.

Am I wasting my time waiting for the RP 3000?

If so, I'll go ahead and get a 2100.

Old April 28th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF,

I like the way you think about radios!

Mike

On Apr 27, 9:00�pm, RHF wrote:

Sanjaya,

OK - Start today and put a Dollar-a-Day away until the
Redsun RP3000 Radio with AM-Sync is ready-for-sale
and being offered For Sale by Universal-Radio and others.

you will have enough cash money set-a-side
to buy one and a few other items too ~ RHF
�.
-ps- Until then buy a Redsun RP2100 and enjoy each day
listening to it; while waiting for the Redsun RP3000. )
�.

Old April 28th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Mike wrote:

RHF,

I like the way you think about radios!

SNIP

RHF tries to think but nothing happens.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 28th 08, 09:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"SWL-2010" wrote
I don't know if the 3000 will ever get here, I gave up on it, but I can
almost guarantee you would like the 2100 I have the Kaito version and for
the price, it's a great deal, and a fine addition to any listening post.

"RHF" wrote
OK - Start today and put a Dollar-a-Day away until the
Redsun RP3000 Radio with AM-Sync is ready-for-sale
and being offered For Sale by Universal-Radio and others.
you will have enough cash money set-a-side
to buy one and a few other items too ~ RHF
-ps- Until then buy a Redsun RP2100 and enjoy each day
listening to it; while waiting for the Redsun RP3000. )

Thanks guys.

"Mike" wrote
RHF,
I like the way you think about radios!

I agree!!!

Old April 28th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dear Sir,

The Redsun RP-3000/3100 has been put on "indefinite hold" (meaning
"fuhgeddaboutit!") as their engineers were/are not able to design a
properly-functioning synchronous detection circuit. I do not know why
this situation should exist (after all. synchronous detection circuits
have been around for over twenty years now), but that's the way it is.

If you want one of these radios, spring for the Kaito KA2100 (comes
with a US warranty and internal power supply yet can also be powered
by an external power supply, if you wish, and, of course, "D" and/or
"AA" batteries).

Best,

Joe

Old April 28th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Joe Analssandrini" wrote...

Dear Sir,

The Redsun RP-3000/3100 has been put on "indefinite hold" (meaning
"fuhgeddaboutit!") as their engineers were/are not able to design a
properly-functioning synchronous detection circuit.

[snip]

Thanks Joe.
I ordered a 2100 from Universal-Radio.com today.
Got a notice shortly thereafter... backorder expected
May 10. Gotta wait I guess, but it will be worth it.

Old June 7th 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:39:19 -0700 (PDT), Joe Analssandrini
wrote:

If you want one of these radios, spring for the Kaito KA2100 (comes
with a US warranty and internal power supply yet can also be powered
by an external power supply, if you wish, and, of course, "D" and/or
"AA" batteries).

The Kaito KA2100 was recently discontinued. If you live in North
America, your options now are to buy the C. Crane version, or order a
Redsun-branded one off eBay (make sure you get the "export" version
with a North American power supply if you order off eBay).

Redsun Radioguy Shortwave 2 March 8th 08 04:28 PM
FS: Kaito (Redsun) KA-2100 Mike W[_2_] Shortwave 0 June 17th 07 05:00 PM
FS: Kaito (Redsun) KA-2100 Mike W[_2_] Swap 0 June 17th 07 05:00 PM
nice review of Redsun RP-2100 from Germany mike maghakian Shortwave 1 November 3rd 06 03:08 AM
Redsun RP-2100 Jim Hackett Shortwave 15 June 29th 06 07:53 AM