Old May 8th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Cato Cato is offline

Default RTI Radio Taiwan International Might Stop SW to North America

On May 8, 5:26*pm, Cato wrote:
*Greetings List Members:

* * If this has already been brought up in another post.. then my
apologies.

* *Radio Taiwan International is considering ending English shortwave
broadcast to North America. That would leave just listening to them on
the Internet... which simply isn't the same in my opinion and probably
most of the radio people in this group.

* *I think it would be a huge loss for them to end SW broadcast...they
are one of my favorite stations to listen to. Over the years...
listening to them.. I feel almost like they are part of the family.

* *If any here feel as I do, and don't wish to see them leave... then
please go to their website and send them an e-mail telling them how
you feel that ending SW broadcast to North America would be a huge
loss.
* *http://english.rti.org.tw/

* e-mail..... *

* postal address:
* * RTI
55 Pei- An Rd. TAIPEI, TAIWAN, ROC

* In the case of Taiwan vs communist China... that would leave only
communist China broadcasting to North America in English....

* *I much prefer Taiwan....

* *Cato

The e-mail address for Rdio Taiwan didn't come through... system won't
allow it... you will have to find their e-mail address on this
page... http://english.rti.org.tw/Others/ContactUs.aspx