Old May 8th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RTI Radio Taiwan International Might Stop SW to North America

Greetings List Members:

If this has already been brought up in another post.. then my
apologies.

Radio Taiwan International is considering ending English shortwave
broadcast to North America. That would leave just listening to them on
the Internet... which simply isn't the same in my opinion and probably
most of the radio people in this group.

I think it would be a huge loss for them to end SW broadcast...they
are one of my favorite stations to listen to. Over the years...
listening to them.. I feel almost like they are part of the family.

If any here feel as I do, and don't wish to see them leave... then
please go to their website and send them an e-mail telling them how
you feel that ending SW broadcast to North America would be a huge
loss.
http://english.rti.org.tw/

e-mail.....

postal address:
RTI
55 Pei- An Rd. TAIPEI, TAIWAN, ROC

In the case of Taiwan vs communist China... that would leave only
communist China broadcasting to North America in English....

I much prefer Taiwan....

Cato
Old May 8th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 8, 5:26*pm, Cato wrote:
[...]

The e-mail address for Rdio Taiwan didn't come through... system won't
allow it... you will have to find their e-mail address on this
page... http://english.rti.org.tw/Others/ContactUs.aspx

Old May 9th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 9, 1:45 pm, Cato wrote:

Reply: Yeah a big deal... we wouldn't have the option of listening
to relatively free Taiwan except on the internet. But if your happy
listening to commie propoganda from Beiging... be my guest.
Yeah I'm a Canuck.. with a lot of relatives all over
Canada and the U.S. including American relatives in Houston, and my
cousin in Pennsylvania who has a son who's a officer on a Los Angeles
class nuke sub. Yep... over the years I have had relatives in the
armed forces of both Canada and the U.S.... we've paid our dues.... so
go to hell Tex.

Yeah we've already read your family history - nobody gave a **** the
first time you posted here and we still don't. Now put your dentures
in backwards and bite yourself. I'd call you a piece of **** but that
would be an insult to all turds.
Old May 10th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 9, 6:30*pm, Tex wrote:
On May 9, 1:45 pm, Cato wrote:

* Reply: *Yeah a big deal... we wouldn't have the option of listening
to relatively free Taiwan except on the internet. *But if your happy
listening to commie propoganda from Beiging... be my guest.
* * * * * * * * * Yeah I'm a Canuck.. with a lot of relatives all over
Canada and the U.S. *including American relatives in Houston, and my
cousin in Pennsylvania who has a son who's a officer on a Los Angeles
class nuke sub. *Yep... over the years I have had relatives in the
armed forces of both Canada and the U.S.... we've paid our dues.... so
go to hell Tex.

Yeah we've already read your family history - nobody gave a **** the
first time you posted here and we still don't. Now put your dentures
in backwards and bite yourself. I'd call you a piece of **** but that
would be an insult to all turds.

Give me a cite asshole... find my first post on this list ... go
ahead.. tell us what it says.. My post on this subject did nothing
to you and you start spewing insults out of your mouth, **** breath.
It's sick fools like you goddamned trolls that ruin lists for
everyone else.

All you like to do is insult people and insult other people's
nationalties.. I had some Americans ask me .."Why do so many people
around the world hate us Americans...????"

The is more then one reason, but one of the reasons is because of
idiots like you that insult other countries and the citizens of other
countries...
I'll tell you who one of America's biggest enemies is..... it's
people like you. You breed hatred for America...You're fellow
Americans would do well to shut you and your kind up.

As for me.... I don't go around insulting other people based on
their nationality.... but I might insult them on an individual basis
if they ask for it.... like in your case...
Old May 10th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Wow, the dumbass Canuck speaks! Now all we need here this afternoon is the faux
Hispanic, 'Eduardo'.

How many gallons of this crap did you spray?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_2x3JWWzvY

Here's a tip for ya: I don't watch your youtube crap, cartoon boy!

Perhaps this is more suited to your mentality. I ask again, how many
gallons of Agent Orange did you spray in your brilliant military career?

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~daveyp/nzTr...gentOrange.jpg

The Ace at play:

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~daveyp/nzTr...05/remains.jpg

mike

Old May 11th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I got myself a Sangean ATS 404 for better shortwave reception but there is
place on the radio to plug in an external antenna so right now I have to
use the whip. I don't seem to do so well since I'm in Southern California.
So this regulates mostly to night reception indoors.

The only broadcasts that pick up well are Radio Cuba from Cuba, Radio
Netherlands from the Antilles above Venezuela, and Radio Taiwan from
Okeechobee, Florida. RTI is the one international broadcaster I know that
has transmitters in America. I would be awful to loose them.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutradio.com/group/...dio.shortwave/
More information at http://www.talkaboutradio.com/faq.html

Old May 11th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Sangean ATS-404 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio - Needs anExternal Antenna for Better Reception

On May 10, 10:13*pm, RHF wrote:
On May 10, 9:56*pm, RHF wrote:

Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutradio.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/
More information athttp://www.talkaboutradio.com/faq.html

Sangean ATS-404 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio
- Needs an External Antenna for Better Reception

"Klingonmastr,

Buy one of these Sangean ANT-60 'Portable' Roll-Up
{Reel} Shortwave Antenna and Clip it to the Radio's
Whip Antenna. -http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3184.html
Give this 23 Foot Antenna a 'try' first to see if it can
help improve you Shortwave Radio Reception.

Works for most/many 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radios.

Next Read These Messages :

* *Tune-A-Stick -and- Portable Wire Antenna (PWA) for Whip
Antenna Couplers to External Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennashttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/09c73c4c94625fc7

* *Overload Reducing Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna
for 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radioshttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/0aba8354278d095d

* *Low Cost {Basic} Portable Shortwave Listening (SWL)
Antenna Ideashttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/e9a3384f07142a77

* Modified 1/8" Mono Plug for a 'portable' Radio's Ground Connectionhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b7fc3da484634042

* Four Tricks to Try for Better AM {Medium Wave} Radio Receptionhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/de227b009aa19478

keeping it simple and practical - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
*.
Are You Interested in building a better Shortwave Listening*
(SWL) Antenna ? {SWL Group} =http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
*.
RHF's Standard "Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) Antennas Group"
Reference Message Signature-Line =http://tinyurl.com/25zbrghttp://grou...1dac3b4a1798e0
*.
* Remember 55.5% of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
is the Shortwave Antenna =http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
*.
RHF's Radio Shack in Twain Harte, California -USA-
SHACK INFO =http://tinyurl.com/2skmxm
Shortwave Radio / Receiver and SWL Antenna Info
*.
-=2SKMXM=-
-=25ZBRG=-
SWR3:SWL:INFO

http://kalx.berkeley.edu/recept/imag...s/dipolbld.gif
Old May 12th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

SWL -Newbies- So Your 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio
- Needs an External Antenna for Better Reception

For the Newbie Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) here are a
few more easy-to-make and low-cost Antenna Ideas that will
work with 'portable' AM / FM Shortwave Radios that do not
have an External Antenna Input {Jack /Connection}. They also
work well with Radio's with External Antenna Input too.

Read - One of the simplest Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas
that I know of is a Doublet {Dipole} Antenna made from
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...3eb0cf326d45d1
- - - Guess What . . . Speaker Wire !
This is a basic Out-Side Antenna that is made of low-cost
and easy-to-find Speaker Wire.
Tip - Transform this Doublet {Dipole} Antenna in to a
Windom Antenna {Off-Center-Fed-Dipole} -by- Folding
One of the Arms back-on-itself and securing the wires
together with Wire Ties -or- simply Cutting One of the
Arms in-Half.
http://www.dxengineering.com/images/...ndom_Balun.gif
http://www.io.com/~maddog/hampix/win...view_annot.gif

Read - Another of the Simplest Shortwave Listener (SWL)
Antennas That I Know Of..." - The Same Idea Taken In-Side
{In-Doors} and Guess What . . . It Is Ready Made !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...bed3e059ec70a3
-cause- It is a simple FM Folded Dipole Antenna that
is made from 300 Ohm Twin-Lead.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/misc/1268.jpg
http://www.prairiepublic.org/programs/images/dipole.bmp
http://www.farnsworthelectronics.com...s/antenn14.gif
http://technology360.typepad.com/pho...fm_antenna.png

NOTE - An old Pair of TV Rabbit-Ears {Portable FM 'Dipole' Antenna}
can be 'substituted' for the FM Folded Dipole Antenna :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...edc1e05ab1e40a
-fwiw- The Rabbit-Ears Work pretty good too.
http://www.farnsworthelectronics.com...s/antenn10.gif
Think of the Rabbit-Ears as a Pair of Balanced Twin Whip Antennas
resulting in about Twice the Signal with No Increase in Noise.
http://www.farnsworthelectronics.com...es/antenn6.gif

Making the "Connection" for the FM Folded Dipole Antenna
to your 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio :
* Connect an Alligator Clip to One of the Leads of the FM
Folded Dipole Antenna
* Connect Rear-Barrel of an 1/8" Mono-Plug to the 'other' of
the Leads of the FM Folded Dipole Antenna
{Carefully Remove the Tip of the 1/8" Mono-Plug}
* Stretch-Out the the Two Top-Arm Elements of the FM
Folded Dipole Antenna along with the feed-in-line into the
Shape of a "T" across a Window or on an Outside Wall
http://kalx.berkeley.edu/recept/images/dipolbld.gif
http://www.oldradioworld.de/gollum/dipole.gif
* Insert the Rear-Barrel-End of an 1/8" Mono-Plug into
the Radio's Headphone Jack
* Attach the Alligator Clip to the End of the Radio's
Collapsed Whip Antenna
* Position the FM Folded Dipole Antenna for the best
Peak Signal -or- to Null-Out and unwanted Signal.
http://kalx.berkeley.edu/recept/tanttips.htm
http://www.wgbh.org/content-download...ion_id=1389567

Read - Modified 1/8" Mono Plug for a 'portable' Radio's Ground
Connection
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...fc3da484634042
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...09862a70cf7335
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...3ff37c43ddc109
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...0ed50fc050ab50

Read - The External Antenna Input for most 'portable'
AM / FM Shortwave Radios with 1/8" Mono Jack
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...72ba6245769bf3

Read - Mini-BroomStick Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna
-It's- In-the-Window !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...ede4812d2bd230

shortwave radio listening -swl- keeping it simple and practical
-cause- it is about listening to the radio - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}