Old May 15th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam Tam is offline

Default Mounting a 1.25" mast to a wooden fence ...

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
I should be embarrassed to ask this question. Heck, I -am embarrassed
to ask this question, but my handyman skills are non-existent, so here
I am.

I have a couple of sections of 1.25" steel antenna mast, and I'd like
to mount the bottom section to a wooden fence using the fence's three
horizontal 2x4 braces as the mount points.

I thought I'd just go to the hardware store and pick up a few pipe
clamps and I'd be done. However, it seems that no standard pipe or
tube actually has an OD of 1.25", so nothing in either the electrical
or plumbing sections will actually work.

As I said, my handyman skills are nil, so unless I can buy something
readymade to do the trick, it's going to turn into a real hack job.

What do I look for in the hardware store to pull this off?

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB | St. Paul, MN |

If you have good posts, I would get a vent pipe mount from RS and connect it
to a post. The mount should not have any vertical load on it. You could also
get some 5 - 6 inch 1/4 inch screws and fasten the pipe that way after
drilling holes in the pipe. If the post won't support the pipe, it won't
support it fastened to rails either.

Tam/WB2TT