Old May 17th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steve Steve is offline

Default The band is open

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steve wrote:
Hello Jay, nice to talk some DX. It's been on the quiet side here
lately.

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Yeah I am hearing Oregon and Texas, and South America. all 800 to 100
mile distances.

Jay in the Mojave

Steve wrote:
I'm getting an ear full of the sandpile.

I am not hearing the full blown, down and dirty skip conditions like we
are all use to. I hear some of the big boys turn up the steam and are
just able to make a quick contact and then the conditions fade and there
gone. Using beams and power works but it still isn't solid like it use
to be.

Jay in the Mojave

It was really rolling here today, I made several DX contacts from my work
truck and then fired up the flatside here at home. It's still rolling a
bit, but dying off now. I talked to one station that was running an
Interceptor...imagine that.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/