Old May 26th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lumpy Lumpy is offline

Default antenna construction

Bob Miller wrote:

Hang a 22' vertical wire from your tree...

"That darn tree limb swayed in the wind
so much I thought it was going to fall
off and come crashing down on my car.
So I put that 22' piece of wire up
to guy the branch. Now it looks nice
and steady."

"That other tree over there had the
same problem. It only required a
16.5' guy wire."

Nozy HOA spies? A red LED, a 1.2v
watch battery and a magnet, taped
together, looks a lot like a surveillence
camera from a few yards away. The magnet
allows you to toss it up to stick to the
side of your A/C unit or any other metal
thingie on the roof.

"I had some gang member spraypaint taggers
try and paint their graffiti on my cadillac.
So I had that security camera installed. It
records everything that happens on my lot."

Substitute "kids try to steal my handicapped plates"
instead of "gang member spraypaint taggers" for variety.

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

www.n0eq.com