Old June 1st 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
scooterspal scooterspal is offline

Default Transmitter antenna help

Lumpy wrote:

I'd only be guessing. Perhaps the 5K resistor(s) are
part of the 'float'.

What kind of signal are you going to transmit
if you aren't using the mic?

The original use for the device was to transmit from
someone speaking to someone who was hard of hearing.
Assistive listening is what it's called, I believe.

The same company offers essentially the very same product
WITH the antenna for sending a progam feed from an audio
mixer to the producer or director during a film or video shoot.

That's my need. I'm simply patching the output of my portable
mixer into the existing mic jack on the unit. I'm doing away
with the 48" extended mic cable and the antenna that is part of it.

Holding out 4' of wire will not work for my needs. I need to use
a fixed antenna.

Will any antenna designed for 75-76mhz work?