Old December 21st 04, 02:37 AM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:22:25 -0600, "Charlie" wrote:

I do NOT mean to start a war here. I used to put a D-104 on every base rig I
owned. Never had anything like the 746 PRO before with all the mic settings
and contours. Looking for an all around desk mic that can give great DX
punch and if I want to chew with the hi-fi boys I could set the rig for that
too. I think this pretty much rules out my old fav D-104's!!

I am looking for a desk mic..not boom mic or any kind of high faluting
vacuum tube "studio" mic. I'm a ham..not a DJ...

try the Heil site. see this page for starters:

http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/icom_fix.htm

bob
k5qwg