Old December 20th 04, 11:22 PM
Charlie

Default Reccomend MIC for new ICOM 746 PRO

I do NOT mean to start a war here. I used to put a D-104 on every base rig I
owned. Never had anything like the 746 PRO before with all the mic settings
and contours. Looking for an all around desk mic that can give great DX
punch and if I want to chew with the hi-fi boys I could set the rig for that
too. I think this pretty much rules out my old fav D-104's!!

I am looking for a desk mic..not boom mic or any kind of high faluting
vacuum tube "studio" mic. I'm a ham..not a DJ...
--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH (former AB7SL)

Old December 21st 04, 02:37 AM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:22:25 -0600, "Charlie" wrote:

I do NOT mean to start a war here. I used to put a D-104 on every base rig I
owned. Never had anything like the 746 PRO before with all the mic settings
and contours. Looking for an all around desk mic that can give great DX
punch and if I want to chew with the hi-fi boys I could set the rig for that
too. I think this pretty much rules out my old fav D-104's!!

I am looking for a desk mic..not boom mic or any kind of high faluting
vacuum tube "studio" mic. I'm a ham..not a DJ...

try the Heil site. see this page for starters:

http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/icom_fix.htm

bob
k5qwg

Old December 23rd 04, 09:10 PM
Murray

Charlie, the most simple and best sounding set up I have found is the
ICM mic from Heil....Really needs nothing on the 756Pro or the 746 Pro
either one. Ive added the 8gband eq gate by W2IHY, that really gives
you some choices, but its not necessary.....73 Murray K5MDM

Old December 24th 04, 01:38 AM
Charlie

Hi Murray and thanks. I had an 8 band EQ from Julius at my last station. It
was a great addition and I really enjoyed using it.
I'll look at the ICM mic at Heil Sound. Thanks again hope to catch you on
the bands. My antenna goes up tomorrow Lord willing and if it's not to cold.
Mid teens for tonight in southern Mississippi

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Old December 25th 04, 10:17 PM
Charlie

are tender
(2 hours approximately).
Continue seasoning to taste.
Before serving, add butter and pasta,
serve piping with hot bread and butter.

Offspring Rolls

Similar to Vietnamese style fried rolls, they have lots of meat
(of course this can consist of chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp).
Who can resist this classic appetizer; or light lunch served with
a fresh salad? Versatility is probably this recipe?s greatest virtue,
as one can use the best part of a prime, rare, yearling, or the
morticians occasional horror: a small miracle stopped short by a
drunk driver, or the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting...

2 cups finely chopped very young human flesh
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup bean sprouts
5 sprigs green onion, finely chopped
5 cloves minced garlic
4-6 ounces bamboo shoots
Sherry
chicken broth
oil for deep frying (1 gallon)
Salt
pepper
soy & teriyaki
minced ginger, etc.
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water
1 egg beaten

Make the stuffing:
Marinate the flesh in a mixture of soy and teriyaki sauces
then stir fry in hot oil for till brown - about 1 minute, remove.
Stir-fry the vegetables.
Put the meat back into the wok and adjust the seasoning.
De-glaze with sherry, cooking off the alcohol.
Add broth (optional) cook a few more minutes.
Add the cornstarch, cook a few minutes till thick,
then place the stuffing into a colander and cool;
2 hours
Wrap the rolls:
Place 3 tablespoons of stuffing in the wrap, roll tightly -
corner nearest you first, fold 2 side corners in,
wrap till remaining corner is left.
Brush with egg, seal, and allow to sit on the seal for
a few minutes.
Fry the rolls:
325° if using egg roll wraps, 350° for spring roll wraps.
Deep fry