Old June 6th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default d'Eduardo -proclaims- Much of the Population Does Not Even Know AMRadio Exists

On Jun 6, 4:11*am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on Thu,
5
Jun 2008 05:17:21 -0700, David Eduardo wrote: Begin

That explains why you have no clue as to local media usage and
ratings, and probably why you don't understand earthquakes.

First, I don't care about artificial 'ratings'

If you owned or worked at a radio station, they would be one of your
primary concerns.

and second I do understand and care about real phenomena.

If you think people tune in to the radio during an earthquake, I
doubt even that.

That is the most stupid thing you have posted yet.

Think about my statement again. People "tune in" _after_ and earthquake, not
during it. My point is that, unlike hurricanes or tornado situations or
floods, there is no advance warning for a quake, and not enough time during
a quake to tune in. Tune in occurs after the incident, not during it.

- In any case, most of the population does not use
- AM radio, mucho of it does not even know AM exists.

d'Eduardo it sounds like you are making a Clear Case
that AM/MW Radio as a Commercial Media is FAILING
to Promote Itself "TO" Radio Listeners "TO" Create
Awareness of AM.MW Radio as a 24/7 Source of News
and Information to Meet the Radio Listeners Needs.

[ What We Got Here Is A Failure To Communicate ]

{The Medium is the Message and the Message is the Medium}

-or- Are you really talking about the Illegal Spanish
Speaking Radio Listeners who would not be listening
to KNX and KFI in English anyway being Un-Aware
of Emergency News and Information in English on
Radio Stations Broadcasting in English -cause- It
Ain't In Spanish. D'Oh ! ~ RHF

- The first source of info is TV for most of the two
- youngest generations of Americans. Not AM radio.

After and Earth Quake and the Power Goes OUT
99% of the TV will Not Be Working
-while- An AM/FM Radio using Batteries will Be There
24/7 Ready To Go "In Case of Emergencies"
-again- A Case of AM/MW Radio Failing to Promote
Itself as the "Go To Media In Case of Emergencies".
-sounds like- There is a PSA in there somewhere.

~ RHF