Old June 14th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Benny Hill Benny Hill is offline

Default WTB: Bill Cheek's Scanner Mod Handbooks

"Your name" wrote in message ...
"Benny Hill" wrote in newslf0k.188273$yE1.46285@attbi_s21:

"zonian149" wrote in message
On May 25, 10:36 am, "Frank" wrote:
Looking for all 3 in excellent condition. Let me know what you have!

Frank

I have all 3 books in excellent condition. I would like to get $20
each and I will ship by media mail or USPS Priority whichever you
would like. Let me know if you are interestsed in any or all and I
will get you the shipping cost and you can pay with paypal if you want
or we can discuss other payment options.--Gary

Let us all know if you ever actually receive any money
from this clown. He has been pulling this scam for over a year
now. He asks for the books, then settles on a price and he says
he'll send the money and you never hear from him again.
I dont think his paper route pays enough.

Is he hoping to corner the market on ancient scanner modification books ?

I dont know what he wants. Most if not all the mods in Cheeks books
are for scanners made during the 80's, which by todays standards are
hopefully outdated, slow etc. Buy a new scanner for Christs sake.
Not to mention one of the "speed up" mods to one scanner I had
sure sped it up,,, so fast that it never stopped on a signal.. back in
with the original xtal.