Old June 18th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Derek R. Smith Derek R. Smith is offline

Default inductor help

The following link will take you to some of the Denco (and other
manufacturer's) data sheets about the old coil formers and dust-cores.

http://vintageradio.me.uk/info/dencocoils.htm

Hope this helps

Derek.

In message
,
writes
Hello,
in an old VFO project that I'd like to duplicate (seems easy and
stable enough for me), the inductors (2) are specified as a number of
turns on a 5mm former with
"purple core". Now I know what a 5mm former might be, but I surely
don't have any idea what a purple core is and how to recognize it on
my parts department :-)
Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Francesco IZ8DWF

--
Derek R. Smith.