Old June 22nd 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Harold E. Johnson Harold E. Johnson is offline

Default Rebuttal to Richard Clark's comments on my Chapter 19A

"Walter Maxwell" wrote in message
Sorry if the posts offended you, Harold, but I'm flabbergasted that
Richard had
the gall to post his denigration of my paper in the newsgroup. With common
sense
he should have known to send his comments to me, not to broadcast them. I
felt I
had no choice but to put my rebuttal in the same place to defend myself
from
from his unwarrented comments.

Walt, W2DU

Walter, I can delete posts as well as the next guy, the point is, I
shouldn't need to. You started the whole thing by giving Cecil the push.
You, he, and several other off topic posters have just close to ruined a
newsgroup that used to be a useful source of information concerning
antennas. Then there's always the rebuttal to the rebuttal ad nausium. I
know that you are as convinced as Bruene is of the sanctity of your
convictions, you should realize, that the vast majority of the rest of us
don't really care which of you are right. We've successfully managed to load
our rigs, work the world, and obtain some happiness without the knowledge
you insist on imparting to us. Please don't common sense Richard. With
common sense, you wouldn't have sent 19A to Cecil in the first place but
your ego got in the way.

I'll not entertain the group with any more of this, I would hope that you
take my earlier post to heart and get off the newsgroup unless you have
something to post that contributes to the antenna sciences.

W4ZCB