Old November 11th 03, 10:20 PM
PMac

HI, I have always found the first SWR meter in line is the correct reading,
the second one's reading is affected by the first......meaning the one in
the transceiver should be correct..... several of my recent rigs with
inbuilt SWR meters have indicated this. If you tune your ATU to the second
meter in line your PA may not be as happy....cya Peter

"G. Doughty" wrote in message
I have an Icom 718 hooked through a tuner (mfj-901b) to an SWR meter.

When
tuning my 50ft. attic dipole, the external swr meter reads differently

than the
718's. Which one do I gauge measurements?

Thank
73
G. Doughty