Old June 28th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default antenna analyzer

"nitespark" wrote in message
Rich wrote:
MFJ-269
What do you think of the antenna analyzer?
or do you like some thing else?
Rich

They do not work well in high RF environments such as many repeater
locations where there are other transmitters close by.

What Does??

Even after 30 years in the business, I still see people hook up their $50K
service monitors to a site antenna and blow the input.

There is not much use of setting up HF at a repeater site, because
ionospheric propagation is the predominant mode, also it puts you line of
sight to a whole lot of man made noise.

Although these things claim to work at VHF, I notice they have an SO239 so
how seriously do they expect to work at those frequencies.

Mine saved me lots of time setting up my 9band Butternut vertical, but they
eat batteries, so I cobbled up my cordless drill battery to work with it on
the roof.