Old July 1st 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] bajohnson29@yahoo.com is offline

Default Antennas

Was at a field day thing this past weekend. I wasn't there when they
set everything up. There were 3 antennas in use. One very clearly
was a Yagi. One of the others very clearly was a "vertical" and the
other one was like a wire running the length of the parking lot and
was up about as high as the building - then it had a middle wire
running in to the shack with the radio. I was told that was a
horizontal antenna. Isn't there more specific names for vertical and
horizontal antennas than just vertical and horizontal??

Thanks.