Old July 1st 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default AOR AR3030.

Drifter wrote:
Nice receiver. got one here, wouldn't part with it. i just
can't believe some one on ebay just paid $1750.00 for a used
one. and from the pictures; it looked well used. wow, i paid
less than $500 for a new one awhile back. maybe, i'm in the
wrong business.

Drifter...

I had a 3030, as well. Very nice. Not the greatest dynamic range.
Would probably overload like a sumbitch in Europe. But here in the
Midwest, it handled the available signals pretty well.

I was surprised at how small it was. I'd first run across it in the
Gilfer catalog. Without reference, it looked to be a pretty average size
tabletop. Was quite surprised to find that it was about half the size I
expected.

What I liked most about it was it's amazing versatility. Features and
functions found on much more expensive sets.

I spent hours a day listening to that radio. There are times I miss it.

Then, again, AR3030 wouldn't stand toe to toe with my AR7030, so, I
can't really complain. But, in the right hands, I'd recommend this radio
without hesitation.