Old July 2nd 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Open Wire fed lengths

John Smith wrote:
Say I had a situation where I must use a ground wire which IS an
appreciable percentage of a wavelength ... and don't wish it to radiate.
Could I accomplish this by using coax as the ground-wire and choking the
outer braid by sufficient windings on a toroid core, and grounding the
center conductor and the braid to earth though good and deep grounding
spikes or wires?

Offhand, I would say you could accomplish a DC ground
that way but not an RF ground and not much lightning
protection.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com