Old July 3rd 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Open Wire fed lengths

"John Smith" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

http://www.qsl.net/w4sat/howlong.htm

I love it, the perfect answer at the click of a button!

Well, I will never accuse you two of not having a highly developed sense
of humor! (and, that calculator is actually HIGHLY ACCURATE--error factor
less than .000000000000000000000000001% grin)

At first I missed the importance of that URL, thanks for posting a reply
to the original--I got a chance to use it. LOL!

Warm regards,
JS

my formula is a little more complicated than the web site though. i take
the distance from the shack to the antenna, add in the width of the shack
(assuming some day i'll move the radio that it connects to somewhere else),
then add a couple feet more just for good measure.