Old July 8th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default RF Systems MTA.

Brian Denley wrote:
Interesting post Peter: I have the RF Systems MLB random wire antenna and
it's built like a tank (and all stainless) but I'd like a second antenna. I
live in fairly crowded surburban area north of Boston and that vertical is
very appealing. What frequency range have you tested? My receivers feed
into the W8ZR multicoupler (built from kit).

Noise resistance is nothing short of amazing.

Here I sit with brewing thunderstorms a few miles north, and MW is
wiped out on every receiver but those connected to the MTA. I'm
listening to 5975 on the Drake, with only the faintest trace of
electrical noise.

Never got this quiet with the Eavesdropper or the A-D DX Ultra.

Sensitivity is fairly uniform with this antenna across the spectrum
from 500k to about 29M. No peaks. No valleys. I've gone up and down the
dial. No surprises. Always quiet, and smooth response.